If you want to take care of your facial skin, it is always best to go for natural and pure products. Though commercial facial creams can be very enticing, you cannot guarantee their safety and efficiency. But with a product such as that of olive oil, you know you do not have to risk anything. It has been a solution to take care of the skin for over centuries already. So if you want to use olive oil on your face, check out the following tips:
- Apply virgin olive oil on your face. Get a small amount of oil in your palms and apply it on your face. Massage it all over the face in circular motions until all parts are already covered. Take note that there is no more need for you to wash or cleanse your face before applying olive oil onto it.
- Massage the oil on your face. Do this for around two more minutes to allow the oil to cleanse your face. As you know, the oil is effective in terms of dissolving dirt, oil, and other impurities on your skin. Hence, it is better to leave the oil on the face for 30 seconds more after you have massaged it all over.
- Rinse your face with hot water. Dip a washcloth in hot water and rinse it slightly. Put the cloth on you face afterwards. This will act as a steaming process and will remove any impurity deposited in the pores of your skin. Keep the washcloth on your face for around 10 minutes.
- Get rid of the olive oil on your face. Splash some cold water to your face and rinse it off thoroughly so as to get rid of the oil. Take note not to rub your skin while you are cleaning.
- Make a night cream with olive oil. Aside from the above-mentioned tips, you can also use olive oil as your night cream. This will help soften your skin and help even out your tone. To do this, mix two parts of olive oil to one part each of water and vinegar. Apply this to your face before going to sleep for best results.
- Use olive oil to get rid of dry skin cells on your face. To do this, wash your face first with water and then massage some olive oil on the skin. Then, get some sugar and scrub it onto your face. This will help you get rid of the dry skin cells and will give you a more healthful glow. Once done, rinse your face until the sugar granules and the oil are gone.
- Use olive oil for a number of other purposes on your face. Massage your wrinkles and fine lines with olive oil regularly. This will moisten the whole area and will even improve the appearance of these spots. Also, you can use olive oil as makeup remover. Make use of a cotton ball with olive oil to dab in your eyes to take off mascara, eye shadow, and the like.
Olive oil on your face can do a lot of wonders. If you make it a habit
to add olive oil application in your daily regimen, you can expect a
great facial skin without even spending a thing for commercial facial
products. This is not to mention yet that you are a hundred percent
certain that olive oil will not bring you any problem as it is all
natural and safe.