Hemorrhoids is probably one of the most excruciatingly painful conditions anyone can ever experience. Imagine not being able to sit comfortably because your butt hurts. At the same time, it can be quite embarrassing. Fortunately, there are medicinal and natural ways to cure hemorrhoids. And, some have proven to be effective for a lot of people. Preparation H is one of these remedies.
Preparation H is a cream used to alleviate discomfort and pain that hemorrhoids create in the anal region. Many people have vouched for its efficacy. Read the tips below to gain enough information about Preparation H.
- Consult your physician or dermatologist. Before proceeding with its use, make sure that your doctor signs off on it. Preparation H is not for everyone. It does not work with all skin types and it can conflict with other health conditions and medication.
- Know how Preparation H cream works. It blocks pain signals that are coming from the swollen tissue and skin nerve endings. Preparation H eases those symptoms as it will temporarily reduce inflammation and will act as a natural anesthetic.
- Buy Preparation H cream. Your dermatologist might have it or she can point you to someone who sells it. The cream is usually available at drugstores and the supermarket’s pharmacy area. Determine if you have allergies to any ingredients included in the Preparation H cream before purchasing and applying. Your dermatologist or physician can help you with this.
- Take note that Preparation H Cream might trigger some health conditions. Don’t use the cream if you’re breast-feeding, pregnant, or planning to have a baby. Avoid the cream if you’re taking any nonprescription or prescription medicine, dietary supplement, or herbal treatment. It must also be avoided if you have diabetes, thyroid problems, high blood pressure, heart problems, and trouble urinating because of an enlarged prostate. And, avoid using Preparation H if you’re taking medicines for depression or high blood pressure.
- Clean the infected area. Wash your hands thoroughly before application. Cleanliness must be practiced so as not to infect delicate anal skin. Wear sanitized latex gloves, if possible. Use wet tissue wipes and soapy warm water to clean the area. After that, pat the area with a clean and dry towel.
- Apply Preparation H. Squeeze some cream onto your fingertips. Rub the hemorrhoid tissue gently. Don’t put much pressure to avoid discomfort.
- Attach the dispensing cap to alleviate internal hemorrhoid pain. To do this, slightly insert the flexible rubber cap through the anal canal. The small openings of the rubber cap must penetrate the rectum. Then, squeeze some cream from the tube. Wash your hands after the application.
- Observe your condition. Check and follow the instructions of your physician. Analyze if there are changes in the hemorrhoids in the allotted healing time. Don’t use Preparation H anymore if your condition worsens. Instead, use another alternative treatment like herbal remedies. Comfrey, psyllium, witch hazel, butcher’s broom, aloe Vera, and horse chestnut are some of the most popular herbal remedies. However, consult your physician before using anything just to make sure you’re safe.
Be honest with your physician from the start so he can help you in the best way possible. There’s no need to be ashamed if you have hemorrhoids. The best thing to do is find the best remedy. And, Preparation H might be that remedy.