The best foundation is the holy grail of many women, and it really pays to research about the different brands and types of foundation available to finally score the best foundation for you. Revlon is a reliable, relatively inexpensive and a go-to makeup brand, and its Colorstay Mineral Foundation is something worth trying out. Here are some guidelines for using Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation.
- Find out if mineral foundation is for you. As the name implies, mineral foundation is made of finely-ground natural minerals (such as mica, talc, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide), which replace the chemicals, and preservatives that other foundations contain. There are different reviews about mineral foundation. On the positive side, users claim that mineral foundation is very light and it gives off a natural, airbrushed look. It is also claimed that mineral foundation, because it is purer and made of natural ingredients, is healthier for the skin. There are some drawbacks however: for some women with wrinkles, mineral make-up merely serves to accentuate their wrinkles because of the foundation build-up on their lines. Mineral foundation also usually lack adequate sun protection.
- Choose the proper shade for you. Choosing your foundation’s shade is the most important step: once you’ve got it down pat, your makeup application is virtually impossible to go wrong. The best way to choose a shade of foundation is to actually try it out on your face. Apply a streak onto the area just above your jawbone, and check how it looks under natural lighting. Remember, your aim is to go for a shade that will blend in well with your skin; it should look natural and invisible, not chalky, nor overly-light or tanned.
- Thoroughly cleanse your face. Always, always clean your face first before you apply foundation. Pat your skin dry, and apply moisturizer and sunscreen onto your face. Let the products be absorbed thoroughly by your skin before moving on to makeup application. A word about sunscreen: because Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation only contains SPF10, you might want to invest in a good sunscreen that will provide higher SPF.
- Use the built-in brush. Open the product, and dip the brush into the product, swirling it a little. Tap the brush to get rid of the excess product, and dab the product onto your face. Start with gentle, circular motions, starting with the middle of your face (the forehead, nose and chin) and brush outwards from there.
- Check your face. It’s best that you have a wide enough mirror so you could see your entire face, preferably under natural lighting.
- Apply powder. After applying the mineral foundation, you should set it by using a face powder, preferably also one by Revlon.
There you have it! These are the guidelines for using Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation. Remember, choosing the best foundation for you could be quite a trial-and-error job, but it really pays to do some research about other people’s experiences with this product. Hunt for online ratings and reviews so you would at least have an idea whether this product is truly the best for you. Finally, you should practice on the proper application of this product to ensure that you will come off looking truly well-polished without looking overly-done. Good luck, and hope this helped!