A brand of anti-fungal cream, Ring Guard is used against skin conditions such as athlete’s foot, eczema, jock itch, ringworm and other bacterial skin infections. These skin conditions are contagious upon direct or even indirect contact (that is, using an item that an infected person has used), and so it is highly essential that an infected person be treated immediately to avoid the further spread of this condition. These conditions could be easily treated with anti-fungal creams, and Ring Guard is one of the most reputable of the available brands. Here are some of the important guidelines to remember when using Ring Guard:
- Find out first if you are sensitive to Ring Guard. There are some cases where an individual could be sensitive or have an allergy to the components of anti-fungal creams. Anti-fungal creams have basically the same components, but in particular, Ring Guard is composed of the following: Miconazole Nitrate IP (anti-fungal), Neomycin Sulphate IP (antibacterial) and Chlorocresol IP (preservative). To be absolutely sure, you could consult with your doctor before you start applying Ring Guard anti-fungal cream; this is specially true also if you are pregnant. In most cases, however, Ring Guard is well-tolerated and safe to use.
- Choose the quantity that you will like. Ring Guard is available in 5g sachet, and in 12g and 20g tubes.
- Use Ring Guard only on your body. This product is not designed to be used on the face. You should also never use Ring Guard on or near your genitalia. Your doctor will be able to prescribe alternative and safer products to be used on these areas.
- Use Ring Guard. Using this product is very simple and straightforward. First, gently wash affected area with soap and warm water. Next, pat the area with a clean towel until the area is completely dry. Third, apply Ring Guard thinly onto the affected area. Use a gentle, circular motion using your finger and rub it in gently a few times. Finally, wash your hands after application.
- Know how often to apply Ring Guard. You should apply this product twice or thrice a day, for 7 to 10 days. You have to observe whether the infection is completely gone; if you stop application before your infection thoroughly disappears, your infection might recur. To be sure, you could apply the product up to a week after signs of your infection have disappeared.
- Avoid future skin infections. Do know that, in some cases, our bodies could build up immunity against medication. That’s why it’s important that you avoid bacterial skin infections in the future, because if you have them too often, you might find that you will need stronger and stronger formulations to get rid of the infections. To avoid skin infections, you should be careful about not sharing your personal items (such as towels, soaps, etc); staying clean and dry; and wearing light and breathable clothes which will absorb perspiration from your body.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms persist. In cases of very severe or untreated skin infections, you might need stronger ointments. You could try over-the-counter brands such as Ring Guard first, and if there are no signs of improvement after a few days, you could consult your doctor and ask his recommendations for prescription medication.
There you have it! These are some of the reminders for using Ring Guard anti-fungal cream. Good luck and hope this helped!