Teas contain many health benefits for the drinker. One of the healthiest teas around is rooibos tea. Its rich red color and naturally sweet flavor makes it a natural favorite of many tea drinking enthusiasts.
One of the added benefits of rooibos tea is that it also does wonders for the skin. Here are some ways you can utilize rooibos tea to achieve naturally healthy skin.
- Drink it! Rooibos tea is loaded with antioxidants as well as a variety of vitamins and minerals. It can help soothe an irritated stomach, as well as give the drinker an overall sense of well-being. One of the easiest ways to obtain these nutrients is to drink the tea. Boil a pot of water and then place one to two teabags of rooibos tea and allow it to steep in the water. If you are using loose leaf tea, then measure the appropriate amount in the strainer and allow to steep. Remove the leaves and drink the tea. It can be enjoyed either as a hot cup in the morning or as a cold iced beverage throughout the day. There’s no need to add honey since it’s a naturally sweet drink.
- Use it as a facial toner. If you have left over tea, put it in the refrigerator. After you wash your face, dip a cotton ball in the tea and use it on your face. It will help tighten pores as well as soothe any inflammation and redness on your skin. If you are prone to acne breakouts, you’ll notice that the tea will help control excess oil production and help curtail further breakouts.
- Apply it on rashes, eczema and other skin irritations. The antioxidants in the tea not only help prevent free radical cell damage, but also help soothe many skin irritations. You can choose to place the used tea bags directly on your skin, or soak a small towel in a basin of rooibos tea.
- Soothe your sunburn with rooibos. After a long hot day out in the sun, soothe your skin with a rooibos bath. Fill a tub with warm water and soak four tea bags. Allow the tea to steep in the water. You may also fill the tub with a bit of vitamin E oil for added moisturization. Soak in the tub for fifteen to twenty minutes and let the tea soothe your sunburn.
- Use the tea bags to fight puffiness. Don’t throw away the used tea bags. Collect it in a saucer and place it in the refrigerator. When you wake up with dark circles or puffy eyes, grab a tea bag and place it over your closed eyelids. It will help remove puffiness. Aside from this, you can also use the cold tea bags by placing it over your face
Is it any wonder that rooibos tea is a favorite of many? Not only does
it do wonders for your health, but it can also be used to help you
achieve beautiful and healthy skin. It’s inexpensive and easily
available so anyone can use it anytime!