Adobe Illustrator is a brand of software used to make graphic designs. It is also used to edit pictures and images. One of the hardest tools in the Adobe Illustrator is the scissors tool. It is used to make cuts on pictures. It also cuts paths to presentations.
Here’s a simple way to use the scissors tool in Adobe Illustrator.
- Open the Adobe Illustrator. Click on the Adobe Illustrator icon to open it. If you do not have an Adobe Illustrator program, install it from a website. Many websites provide free software installers.
- Open the file you want to edit. The open button is found at the upper left hand corner of the screen. Choose the file that you want to edit.
- Identify where the scissors tool is located. The scissors tool is located at left side of the screen. It is one of the function buttons. A small scissors icon depicts the scissors tool.
- Using the scissors tool. To cut paths, make sure you box the part you want to cut off. To box it, press on the rectangle function tool. It is also found at the left side of the screen with the scissors tool. Press the rectangle function tool once. Box the entire part to be cut off. Once boxed, choose the “none” option on the fill tab found at the bottom of the screen. The stroke option should be changed to black. Click on the scissors tool icon after changing the set up. Press one corner of the rectangle. This will delete the path towards that part of the file. You can also make circular cuts by using the circle function tool instead of the rectangle function tool.
- To make cutting easier, add guides. Choose the view option located at the upper part of the screen. Press the “Show Rulers” tab. This will automatically make grids appear. This will make cuts straighter. For round cuts, you can place a guide by using the circle function tool. Make sure that the whole image is unselected by pressing on a white clear space after cutting. Press the arrow tool before doing this.
- It is important to keep on practicing. Cutting is one of the hardest tools to use in Adobe Illustrator. Once you get the hang of it, it will be easier and faster to cut images. Practice cutting straight lines before cutting round ones. Once you have perfected cutting straight lines, practice cutting round ones. You can use the cut out images to make new pictures. You can also put the cut out pictures in one new document. It is very easy to make a collage in Adobe Illustrator. Just drag the cut out pictures to a new file. You can place them in any manner you want.
Make sure you know what you are cutting. Cutting one path may cut the entire flow of your presentation. Make sure to plan the parts that you want to cut before cutting it because it is harder to re-path a presentation than deleting paths.