Mall of America is the biggest shopping mall in the United States. It is situated in Bloomington, Minnesota. It began its operation in 1992 and became a tourist spot for Americans and other travelers. The mall showcases special events like dance performances, musicals, and concerts. It has more than 250 boutiques, entertainment offerings, attractions, and restaurants. It’s really huge so make sure you plan effectively before your visit to Mall of America. Below are some guidelines on how to visit Mall of America:
- Allot two or more days of visit. There’s the danger of being stuck and not knowing what to prioritize because of the options you have. Keep in mind that the mall opens almost daily from 10am until 9:30pm. Visit Mall of America online to check the operational schedule and update entrance prices of featured attractions. In the website you’ll get different helpful information like shopping, mall events, and guest services.
- Know your transportation options. From Minnesota’s metropolis, take public transportation to the mall if you don’t bring a car. Most local hotels offer shutter services from and to the mall. There is also a huge parking area that can host 12,000 vehicles. However, the downside here is that you can be engulfed in heavy traffic.
- Visit the mall’s indoor amusement park. There are lots of thrilling rides there like the Tree Top Tumbler, Timberland Twister, and the Screaming Yellow Eagle. There are slower rides for people who have weaker stomachs and hearts.
- Visit the underground aquarium. You’ll enter the tunnel through a moving walkway. You’ll view stingrays, sharks and other wonderful forms of sea life in the tunnel. Professional scuba divers are allowed to swim with the sharks. There’s also a virtual reality trip in the underground aquarium that simulates a submarine dive.
- Fly a jet or ride a NASCAR. The Mall of America is home to the America Council of Exercise simulation. There’s a motion simulator in the mall. It allows professional riders and ordinary people to feel what it’s like to ride a military jet. If that doesn’t excite you much, then ride a NASCAR simulator. It will let you feel the actual tension of riding in a professional racing car.
- Visit other attractions at Mall of America. There are lots of features in the mall like cinema houses, 18-hole miniature golf, and a place for Lego creations. Make a strategic itinerary to optimize your visit. The best way to do this is prioritize the various locations and determine how much time you want to spend in each. Remember that it’s better to spend quality time on each attraction rather than visiting more locations but ending up not having fun.
- Shop. There is no store shortage of shopping in Mall of America. Most foremost shops like Bloomingdales, Gap, Sears, and Macy’s have branches in the mall. Another great thing is there aren’t sales taxes on apparel products in Minnesota.
Don’t forget about the parental escort policy of Mall of America. On Saturdays and Fridays, after 4pm, children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult if they want to enter the mall. Also include other tourist spots in Minnesota in your itinerary to optimize your visit. There are lots of malls in the world, but visiting the biggest mall in America is worth experiencing.