Nestled in the British Virgin Islands is the famous Little Dix Bay Resort. Here you will find unspoiled beaches with pristine, white sands and crystal, blue waters. The resort has a staff ready to attend to all your needs. Food is excellent and the spa is definitely a must try. You will enjoy the activities the resort has to offer.
If you’re looking for an unforgettable place to spend your vacation, the Little Dix Bay Resort should be at the top of your list. Here is how you can visit this diamond in the Caribbean.
- Make a reservation. Have yourself booked by your travel agent or you can go online and check out their website. Look out for any ongoing promotions especially during the lean season. See if there are any meal plans or packages to refrain from excessive spending. There are about 100 villas for you to choose from. The premium cottages are the ones in demand because they are on the beach front. Next are the deluxe cottages with sun deck patios and hammocks but requiring a bit of a walk to get to the beach. There are also villas available if you prefer privacy and seclusion. Prices range from $375 to $2500 a night.
- How to get there. You can get to Little Dix Bay by small commuter planes coming in from San Juan or St. Thomas. A shuttle van from the resort will pick you up from the airport. You can also take the American Airlines Eagle which gets to Beef Island, and then take a short ride in a van, and finally a catamaran that will take you to Little Dix Bay Resort in 25 minutes.
- Where to dine. You will enjoy Italian dining at small but cozy, Sugar Mill. They are only open for dinner. If you prefer classic American cuisine, you can dine at The Beach Grill which serves lunch and dinner from Monday to Thursday. You can eat sumptuous breakfast; lunch and dinner buffets are served at The Pavilion. English tea time is also served in the afternoon. Kiddie menus are available as well as high chairs.
- What to do. As mentioned earlier, Little Dix Bay has activities lined up for anyone. You can take advantage of the complimentary amenities like kayaking, snorkeling, water skiing, hiking and tennis. Day tours and scuba diving are available with added costs.
To keep your little occupied, Little Dix Bay Resort has a children’s program known as the Children’s Grove. For an extra cost of $40 per child per day, children have activities lined up for them from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 430pm. Evening activities start at 7 pm with a fee of $30. If you would like your children to have lunch or dinner with their counsellors, just sign them up. Your child will enjoy doing tours, sand sculpture, art, scavenger hunts, tennis lessons, and have their meals eaten at the beach. Night activities include artwork and watching a movie.
- Try the new spa. An attendant will greet you warmly upon your arrival at the spa. You will be brought to the dressing rooms in which you will be given a robe and slippers. Depending on what treatment you want to have done, an attendant will escort you to that certain pavilion all which have a breath taking view of the British Virgin Islands.
So, if you’re thinking of a vacation place that has something for the whole family, check out the Little Dix Bay Resort. You will surely find yourself going back to it.