A bathing suit is the required proper attire to go swimming in public. Bathing suit materials are usually made out of spandex or polyester and come in a variety of textures and colors. There are different kinds of bathing suits. There are one piece, two piece and three piece bathing suits.
You will need to wash your new bathing suit before using it. There’s a proper way of washing it so as not to damage it. Here’s a simple and proper way of washing a new bathing suit.
- Read the label. There are some bathing suits that are specific with the kind of detergent or type of machine to use. Make sure to read the label first. It is usually found inside the bathing suit. It is important to follow the instructions on the label.
- Gather the necessary materials. You will need a basin filled with cold water and mild detergent. Make sure the detergent will not damage your bathing suit.
- Check the detergent. Test the detergent on your bathing suit by dropping a solution of 3 parts water and 1 part detergent. Do not test it somewhere at the center. Test a part that is discreet. Press a paper towel on the tested part. If the paper towel stains, do not use the detergent. This just means that the detergent is too strong. Your bathing suit will lose color if you use this. Buy a milder detergent. Repeat testing.
- Start washing. Fill the basin half way with cold water. Add around a tablespoon of the detergent. You can also use the cap of the detergent bottle. Mix the solution gently. Make sure the bathing suit is inside out when you wash it. Completely soak the bathing suit. Leave it in the basin for several minutes. Remove the water-detergent solution after. Replace with cool water. Rinse the bathing suit by swishing it around.
- Drying. Squeeze the excess water out of the bathing suit. Do not wring out the water. This will overstretch the bathing suit. If the bathing suit material is spandex, you can hang the bathing suit on a clothes line. You can also leave it to dry on a flat surface. Avoid placing your bathing suit under direct sunlight. Not only will it cause your bathing suit to shrink, but it will also fade out the color of your bathing suit.. Polyester bathing suits can be dried using a machine. Make sure that it is in the spinner mode or air dry. Spinner modes usually do not use heat to dry the clothes. After using the spinner, leave it to dry on a flat surface. Avoid using hot dryers. Shrinking can happen if you use them.
Do not use body soap to wash your bathing suit. Though there are some body soaps that are mild, avoid using them. There are some body soap components that are not compatible with bathing suit fabrics. Avoid using the washing machine to wash your bathing suit. It may damage your bathing suit. Make sure that the bathing suit is completely dry before you store it.