Fashion trends of the past years are being revived in the present time. Some of the most exciting years for fashion were the 1980’s. The clothes, accessories and style were fun, colorful and bold. If you’re having a party with an 80’s theme or you want to experiment on your style, you can browse pictures on magazines and Internet to know more about what’s “in” during those years.
Here are the steps on how to wear 80’s clothes.
- Tops. Big loose shirts were very popular in 80’s. If you have a brother who is big, just borrow his shirt so you don’t have to spend if you will only use it for party. You can also wear a tank top under your big shirt. Tops styled like lingerie with lace and silk can also be worn. This was inspired by Madonna who popularized wearing brassieres as outwear. Cropped bolero-style jackets, faded denim jackets and sweatshirts were also hits. Polka dots were favorites as well. You can also wear fitted dress and top it with a coat or wear a tank top and top it with a suit. Wear a blouse with shoulder pads. Choose very bright colors such as orange and yellow green. Big shirts were also cut on the sleeves and neck area.
- Bottoms. Faded jeans and leggings top the list for 80’s bottoms. Pants are usually tight which is paired by big loose shirt. A lot of women wore miniskirt those days. You can also wear this over your leggings or lace stockings. TV shows on aerobics and exercises were widely watched that’s why exercise and aerobics outfit such as shorts and jogging pants paired with sweatshirt became famous. People were wearing these for their daily outfit even if they are not going to the gym. Jeans with different colors were also part of the trend. Like mini skirt, girls wore very short shorts on top of leggings or lace stockings.
- Shoes and socks. Tennis shoes and leg warmers were paired with 80’s outfit. Wedges, jelly shoes and penny loafers were also “In”. Socks with bright colors also add to the list of 80’s trends. These were usually paired with high cut sneakers.
- Accessories. Headbands were popularly used by girls in the 80’s. Choose big headbands because all accessories were big those years like big chunky earrings. Long necklace with a big cross pendant was also famous. Layering of accessories was also a trend. Several necklaces were worn as well as bracelets. Accessories were also colorful adding fun to the outfit.
- Hair and make-up. When they say that everything was big in the 80’s, it’s definitely true because even hair were big back then. To make your look match with your outfit, tease your hair so that it will look bigger and use hair spray to keep it in place. Neutral colors for make-up are out. Unleash your wild side with bright color make-up to make your style more 80’s like.
You will surely rock your 80’s party with your full attire. Make sure to mix and match to get the perfect style for you.