A schnoodle is a unique breed that is a cross between a schnauzer and a poodle. It adores attention and affection from everyone in the family and loves joining any kind of family activity. It is full of energy and loves playing around with kids. It is also a very intelligent dog breed that is often hired to become a therapy dog. In order to make sure that the dog is happy and healthy, here are a few simple steps on how to properly take care of a schnoodle dog:
- As soon as you acquire your very own schnoodle dog, choose the best veterinarian to ensure that your dog will be perfectly healthy and in good hands. Make sure that your schnoodle dog gets all of the necessary vaccines to prevent it from getting any kind of disease or infection. Check that it gets protection from fleas, ticks, and heart worms. Keep in mind that your dog needs to be neutered or spayed to avoid getting any reproductive system related problems.
- Always make sure that you buy premium dog food. This is important because schnoodles are known for their sensitive stomachs. Stock up on dog treats like biscuits. Make sure that there are no artificial colors and huge amounts of fat in its food
- Regularly groom your dog. Buy grooming supplies like a mild dog shampoo and gentle products that keep your dog’s skin hydrated. Schnoodles have very sensitive skin that tends to dry so it is important to keep their skin moisturized. Try using olive oil to massage into the skin or use a dog leave-in conditioner. Brush its hair daily using a metal comb or a slicker brush to prevent tangles.
- Schnoodles need their exercise. Take your dog out for a daily stroll or let it run around in your yard. This type of dog does not need to have a hard workout everyday because the schnoodle tires out easily. However, schnoodles are a very playful breed and it will make your dog happy if you just let it out and play with it for a little while.
- The schnoodle can get aggressive towards strangers and other dogs so make sure that you train it to socialize properly.
- House train your schnoodle by using a crate. If it sleeps on the crate at night, it will not do anything to soil its sleeping area. Instead, it will wait for you to take it outside.
- Schnoodles are a loving and affectionate breed so make time each day to play with your dog and cuddle it.
A schnoodle does not shed and is hypoallergenic, which makes it an excellent choice for a pet for someone with allergies. This type of dog is very playful and demands attention and affection. Always make time for your pet and make it feel loved and adored. This will make your dog happy, which will make you happy as well.