Teacup Chihuahuas are regular Chihuahuas that are extremely tiny. These are the smallest dogs in the world and they can be very easy to maintain. These tiny dogs do not require excessive grooming. They are always alert and active and can become excellent watchdogs. They can be easily trained and can be good pets to have around the house. Because they are so incredibly small, you need to keep a close eye on them and make sure that they are safe and in good shape.
The following are a few tips on how to properly care for a Teacup Chihuahua:
- Make sure that you feed your Teacup Chihuahua regularly with premium dog food that has all the necessary ingredients such as proteins, vegetables, and carbohydrates. This type of dog tends to overeat when not supervised and this results in obesity. You should make sure that you feed her twice a day with tiny proportions to help her digest since Teacup Chihuahuas have incredibly tiny teeth. Give her dried dog food to prevent the build-up of tartar and plaque. You should always keep your dog hydrated by providing her with plenty of water to drink.
- Give your dog a bath at least once every month. Regularly clean her with a damp cloth to prevent her from getting fleas, ticks, and other diseases that are related to hygiene. Make sure that you do not get water into her ears because this would often result in getting an infection. Teacup Chihuahuas also have a tendency to get dry and irritated eyes so make time to put a tiny drop of baby oil in your dog’s eyes before you give her a bath and make sure that soap does not get in her eyes.
- It is recommended that you regularly visit a veterinarian to ensure that your dog is healthy. Teacup Chihuahuas suffer from common health conditions such as tracheal and heart diseases and bladder stones so always make sure that you have your dog checked regularly by a veterinarian
- A Teacup Chihuahua is prone to getting injuries because this type of dog has tiny and fragile bones. Keep a close eye on your dog when she plays and make sure that she does not get rough or she might get hurt.
- Try exposing her to different people and other animals. Making them socialize under your close watch is good training for Teacup Chihuahuas because they are easily frightened, which results in excessive barking and biting.
The Teacup Chihuahua is the smallest dog in the world. Because of its size, it needs very little grooming but you have to pay close attention to her at all times because Teacup Chihuahuas are fragile creatures. Make sure that you are fully equipped to take care of a dog before acquiring one as a pet. Teacup Chihuahuas are good companions and as long as you keep your dog healthy and in good shape, she will be a happy camper.