Feral pigs are also known as wild boars or pigs. These animals are typically found in the European and Asian regions. Feral pigs can be mistaken for the common pig as they look alike. They come in different colors, such as black, gray, white and brown and some of them are spotted with a combination of the colors.
Some people catch feral pigs as a sport. These pigs are difficult to catch as they are very strong, fast runners and also good swimmers. Although this is the case, they also have other characteristics, such as having poor eyesight that may lead to their easy capture. If you are planning on catching a feral pig, just follow the steps provided below:
- Things that you will need. You will need several items in order for you to catch a feral pig easily and successfully. These items include various grains or corn. You will also need traps or feeders to attract the feral pig.
- Observe their behavior. Before going out to catch feral pigs, the first thing that you have to do is to observe their behavior. Of course, you will need to know where their habitat is. Once you have determined this, observer their eating and sleeping habits. Find out where they usually scour for food and if they go and wander to any other place.
- Feed the pigs. When you know how they behave, it is now time for you to set up some feeders. Prepare the pig feeders and fill them up with grains and corn. This will attract the feral pigs. Leave the feeders for a few days so that the pigs will get used to the location of the food and go there everyday to eat.
- Set up some traps. After a few days, you can already set up some traps to catch some pigs. What you do is to put the feeders that you previously prepared and put them inside the traps. It will be better if you have a rather large trap. Put the feeder at the opposite end of the entrance of the trap so that the pig will have to go all the way to the end.
- 5Catch the pig. When everything is set, all you have to do is wait. If you know how the feral pig behaves, you will not have to wait long. As soon as a pig goes into the trap and eats the food, sneak quietly and approach the trap so that you can close the trap door. You have now caught a feral pig!
These are the simple steps on how you can catch a feral pig using a trap. Remember to be safe when you catch these types of pigs. They can be aggressive when you try to catch them as they are used to minding their own business and being in the wild. Some of them may also have tusks that can injure you so be careful, especially when you are approaching the pig.