Garlic is a regular ingredient found in our kitchen. It is often used when we sauté and is a frequent part of our recipes. Garlic is a small plant that contains nutritive compounds such as potassium, fiber, protein, calcium, sodium, vitamin A, thiamine, niacin, taurine, zinc and riboflavin. It is a natural supplement that possesses medicinal properties, which stimulate the immune system and improve the cardiovascular system by increasing blood circulation. Aside from that, it can also be use as an antibiotic, antibacterial, anticancer, anti-tumor, antiviral and anti-fungal agent.
- Garlic can be very helpful when treating horses. It reduces blood pressure, reduces swelling, reduces inflammation and improves respiratory system function. Like any other capsules, garlic pills have serious effects when taken at a higher dosage. Since it increases blood circulation, it also increases the risk of bleeding. Given that it helps digestion, taking too much of it can result in vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Garlic is one of the causes of halitosis or bad breath. Its smell will remain in your mouth until it is totally flushed out of the body. If the odor of garlic bothers you, you have nothing to worry about. Kyolic garlic has nutrients that are similar to garlic; the only difference is that it is odorless.
- Many people feed garlic to their horses, cats and dogs. Owners have claimed that their pets have improved health, better skin and a reduction in pests such as fleas. Yet, garlic can also be toxic to many animals. It contains the chemical thiosulphate, which can damage the blood cells of animals. This can result in mild anemia or major bursting of the blood cells that may lead to death if the proper dosage or quantity is not properly monitored and if it is given for a long period of time.
- On the other hand, garlic powder when it is sprinkled on your pet's food will strengthen and nourish your pet with the essential B-complex vitamins and proteins. It helps your pet to be more healthy, more happy, more resistant to diseases and less prone to infestation associated problems. It also enhances your pet's vitality and stamina, and works to build your pet's natural immune system. Garlic supplements also protect your pet against anemia and they help to maintain a healthy appetite.
- Cats’ immune systems can become low functioning due to stress, poor diet, disease, breeding and aging. Garlic supplements can help rebuild the immune system. It is effective against parasites, fungal infections and viral infections.
When choosing a garlic supplement for your pet, be sure the one you get contains the right dosage that your pet needs. Garlic supplements come in capsules, pills or powder. They are also sometimes mixed with other food supplements or made into foodstuff that your pets will enjoy. Always remember that anything that is beyond what is normal and just right is bad. Be very careful in giving food supplements to your pets, as they may do more harm than good. Always exercise precaution in giving any food supplement to your pets. What can be good for humans cannot always be good for your pets.