There are a lot of ways of showing love to your dog. Bathe it regularly, give it a good home and give treats, too. One real treat for your pet is to munch on dog biscuits. Because of the wholesome ingredients each biscuit contains, it keeps your dog healthy. The biscuit also helps maintain strong teeth. These biscuits come in different flavors. One of the favorites is the chicken flavor. So instead of just giving it to them, try to make your own chicken flavored treats. This can save you money, too.
Here are the steps on how to make chicken flavored dog biscuits:
- Prepare the oven. Heat up the oven up to 350° Fahrenheit.
- While preparing the oven, heat up a casserole filled with ¼ cup of water. Bring the water to a boil, and then pour it in a clean mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast and egg. Pour two and a half teaspoons of active dry yeast in the boiled water. Then lightly beat the egg and pour it in the bowl.
- Add molasses and olive oil. Get a tablespoon of molasses. Add more for a sweeter dog biscuit. Pour it in and mix the molasses together with the other ingredients. Then pour two teaspoons of olive oil.
- Add chicken broth and flour. Warm up a cup of chicken broth. Then pour it in the mixing bowl. Stir as you pour. Mix the broth well. Then, measure one cup of whole wheat flour. Add it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the other ingredients. Get half a cup of the following: cornmeal, bran cereal, and wheat germ. Add them all in the mixing bowl. Thoroughly blend all ingredients well. You now have the dough to knead.
- Add the all-purpose flour. The last ingredient to add is the all-purpose flour. Add slowly to stiffen the dough. Be careful not to put too much flour. You might end up with hard dough.
- Knead the dough. Knead the dough for a few minutes. Knead until the dough sticks together and does not crumble into small pieces.
- Cut and bake the dough. Roll out the kneaded dough on a flat surface. Roll until it is about ¼ inch thick. Grab your cookie cutters and cut out fancy shapes. Place the cut dough on a baking pan. Then put the pan in the heated oven. Bake the cut dough for about 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the baking pan. Leave it overnight to let the baked dough harden.
Viola! You have successfully baked your own chicken flavored dog biscuits. Make more of these dog treats for your pet. Experiment with the flavorings so your pet won’t get tired of eating them. Store them in a tightly-covered container. These dog biscuits should keep your pet busy instead of running in and out of your house. You could also give them as treats if they have been good. Keep your pets healthy and strong with these treats.