Dog lovers purchase many items that will make their dogs more comfortable or appear fancier. This includes dog beds, special dog shampoo, accessories and many more. If you want to pamper your dog and give him a treat, what you can do is to make dog cookies! Give these cookies to your dog for dessert right after you serve him his dog food. Your dog will surely enjoy every bite of the dog cookie and this will leave him happy.
Here are the simple steps on how you can make cookies for your dogs:
- Ingredients. Buy all the ingredients that you need for the dog cookies. You will need whole wheat flour, vegetable oil, cornmeal, cooked rice, an egg, a small orange and water. You will also need a cookie sheet, a cooling rack and dog bone shaped cookie cutters. You can also make a dip for these cookies. For the dip, you will need vanilla chips, spinach powder, vegetable oil and garlic powder.
- Preparation. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, you can prepare the cookie dough.
- Measure ingredients. Measure four cups of whole wheat flour, one-fourth cup each of cornmeal and cooked rice, two tablespoons of vegetable oil and one and two-thirds cup of water. Juice the orange that you have.
- Preparation. Get a large mixing bowl and put all the dry ingredients together. Use a whisk to combine the dry ingredients well. Afterwards, add the egg, vegetable oil, water and the juice of the small orange. You will end up with a dough. Put some flour on the surface of your work area so that you can knead the dough. Knead it until all the ingredients have been mixed well. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the dough. Use the dog bone cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
- Baking the cookies. Once the oven is ready, you can put the cookies inside the oven. Bake the cookie dough for about forty minutes or until it is golden brown and crispy. While waiting for the cookies to be done, you can proceed with the next step.
- Make the dip. For the dip, melt three cups of vanilla chips in the microwave. Afterwards, add a teaspoon each of vegetable oil and garlic powder and also a tablespoon of the spinach powder. Mix well. When the cookies are ready, you can dip one edge in the dip that you made before serving it to your dog.
These are the simple steps on how you can make cookies for your dog. You can search for more recipes of treats that you can make for your dog. Make plenty of them so that your dog can have something to look forward to after every meal. You can also make use of these dog cookies to give your dog treats when you are training. This is a good and delicious reward that you can give your dog. For more dog food recipes, you can go to the website thepoop.com.