Animal rights group are intense in their beliefs about the equal rights of animals. If you believe in their cause, then take a further step and support an animal rights group.
Fortunately, there are many ways you can support an animal rights group. Here are some of the ways:
- Support the campaign of animal rights group. People for Ethical Treatment of Animals or PETA is known for its campaign “I’d rather go naked than wear fur”. You can post posters of this campaign or any other campaign materials that animal rights groups have like stickers, caps, cups, mugs, t-shirts, and bags. This campaign is just similar to marketing a business—the more people see it, the better exposure. You can also go extreme and support their cause like not eating meat, boycotting circuses and zoos, or boycott companies known for animal cruelty. If you can, you might want also to never buy any products coming from animals including fur and leather goods, milk, cheese, honey, and eggs.
- Be involved in their projects. See the current projects of animal right group in your area. They might need more people to do the project. See if you fit in their project and if you do, don’t hesitate to volunteer.
- Go on a vegan diet. This will mean no eating of anything that came from animals. This is not vegetarian; most vegetarians will eat dairy products. Choosing this diet will be hard at first, but you can ask for a starting kit from PETA or other animal rights group. They will be happy to send you a vegan diet starting kit for free. If not, you can start it bit by bit like excluding one type of meat at a time, say beef in the first month, beef and pork in the second month, etc. The effective trick will depend upon which will work best for you. You may also abruptly start a vegan diet. You may eat mock meats if you can’t still go real vegan diet. Eating vegetarian chicken, vegetarian fish, vegetarian pork, or vegetarian beef will surely help you to slowly enjoy a vegan diet.
- Donate. If you have extra cash, you can donate some money to these animal right groups. Most of them are non-profit organizations so they need help from people’s donations. Big or small, your donation will surely be a big help for the organization.
- Buy. Most animal rights group hold fund-raising activities. You can support these activities by buying some stuffs from them. This way, you don’t just get a souvenir of their campaign, you also helped them raise their funds.
It’s important that before you support any animal rights group, you should study first the things they fight for. Their beliefs must be similar to your beliefs as well. For instance, there are animal right group which don't believe in eating animals, but they support human usage of animals for scientific research. However, other groups don’t support any use of animals in situations which endanger them, including scientific research and as aids to humans.
Besides in the end, it will not matter how you support an animal rights group. What will matter is what group you give your support for.