I want to share with you some simple and easy steps to salvation. Maybe you're used to thinking it's very hard to become a sound believer in Christ; I have good news for you. Getting born again is as simple as ABC when you have faith enough to follow a set of easy steps that I'm about to show you.
What is it like to be BORN AGAIN? The phrase "born again" was first used by our Lord Jesus Christ when addressing the spiritual vulnerability and the eternal damnation awaiting Nicodemus (John 3:3). Jesus categorically submitted that being born again is the passport for experiencing and entering into the Kingdom of God. To be born again is to be regenerated. It simply depicts turning from one's sinful way unto righteous living. The following are the steps necessary for getting born again.
- Acknowledge that you're a sinner, not because you practice sin but because you were born a sinner as a result of the genetic transfer of Adam's sin in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:1-19) "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." (Romans 5:12)
- Acknowledge that you are doomed to perish because of your inherited sin. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
- Acknowledge that you cannot pay for the penalty of your inherited sin. You cannot redeem yourself. "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6)
- Acknowledge that God, in His gracious love, sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die as a penalty for all the sin of every individual in the human race including you. "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (John 2:2)
"But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53:5,6)
- Accept (that is, just believe only) that Jesus Christ died on the cross in order to pay for your sin. You therefore do not have to do any other sacrifice or obligation to save yourself from destruction. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31)
- Take a decision today. Surrender your life - all that you are and you will be - to Jesus who died to save you. Determine to follow him all the rest of your life. "And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him." (Acts 4:19,20)
"Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts..." (Hebrews 3:7,8)
- As you have believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died to save you from sin and death, you should now boldly confess Jesus the LORD and SAVIOUR of your soul. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9,10)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16)
- Say this prayer of repentance: "Lord Jesus, I thank you for your love towards me. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and I cannot save myself. I thank you for offering yourself on the cross of Calvery as a sacrifice for my sin. Thank you for giving me eternal life. Today, I surrender my life to you, all that I am, all that I have and all that I shall be. Take over my life. Come into my heart today. I declare you as my personal LORD and SAVIOUR. From today onwards, I turn from my old ways and I start to live a NEW life in you. Now I am saved. Now I am born-again. Amen"
That is how to get born again in Christ.
For counselling and prayers, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org