Ostara is a pagan celebration that falls at the same time as Easter, between the 19th to the 23rd of March. Another name for the Ostara is the Spring Equinox. There are many ways to celebrate Ostara. You can celebrate with your other pagan friends and family or you can commemorate the occasion by celebrating in your own personal way. For a lot of people, the Ostara is also a season for a new beginning. That is why a lot of people choose this time to change their bad ways.
Here are a few ideas on how you can celebrate Ostara:
- Get rid of a bad habit. One of the best ways to celebrate Ostara is to get rid of a bad habit. This may be quitting smoking, sleeping early, quitting drinking, etc. The choice is up to you. Just make sure that you are changing your habits for the betterment of yourself.
- Plant flowers or trees. Plant flowers, plants and trees in your backyard. If you want, you can also take care of a potted plant and put it inside your room. Since Ostara signalizes a new beginning, planting plants or flowers may symbolize new life. If you are planning on giving gifts to your pagan friends, this is also a good idea. Give them small potted plants or flowers that they can take care of.
- Make art eggs. Ostara can also be likened to Easter. As a celebration, you can empty eggs out and paint them. This is an activity that you can do with your kids or friends. Empty out the eggs if you are going to use them for decoration. If not, you can just work with hard boiled eggs. Place these eggs in a basket and use it as a centerpiece for your dining table.
- Meditate. Grab this opportunity to meditate and be thankful for all the things that you have in your life. Have a peaceful celebration and light some candles or incense sticks so that you can relax while celebrating the Spring Equinox.
- Take a long walk. For some peace and quiet, you can take a walk in the woods or the forest. You can take your camera with you and take some pictures of nature. Pick out some flowers or befriend some animals that you see during your walk. Put the flowers that you gathered from your walk in a vase and display it in your house.
- Start a good habit. Start a habit that you have been meaning to do. This can be as simple as exercising everyday, calling your parents every so often, hanging out with a friend that you haven’t seen in a long time, etc. You will be surprised what a difference this makes in your life.
These are the things that you can do for you to celebrate Ostara. You do not need to spend a lot of money in order to have a good celebration. These ideas just go to show that even the simplest things can be meaningful if you enjoy what you do.