This Brazilian Jiu Jitsu technique is illustrated by Mauricio Gomes and his son Roger Gracie.
- Opponent is on his knees, ensure your weight is concentrated on the center of his back to prevent him from rolling.
- Open the lapel on the opposite side of your opponent from beneath his armpit, put your other arm across his neck and grip deep into his collar.
- With the opposite arm (underneath his armpit) now grab the opposite collar.
- Bring your weight forward onto your opponent's shoulders (to force his head down), and start to walk your legs forward.
- Finalize your opponent by throwing your leg forward (changing your base) and pulling on his collars in order to apply the choke.