Are you planning on buying a digital compass but do not know where to start? Three factors should come to mind: cost, function and add-ons. For each of these criteria, there will be a level that will suit you. For you to get a basic idea, the following is a list of different types of models and brands of digital compass.
- Coleman Digital Compass 814-670T ($19.94). Coleman is a brand known for outdoor kits and camping gear. It is but proper that they have an innovative take on compasses—a must for outdoor adventure. This model is a compass chronograph, with timer. It can display date, time and temperature. A key ring is also included. This magnetic compass can resist up to 10 meters of water.
- Humvee HMV-DIG-CMPS - Humvee Digital Compass ($30.88). This compass has clock, thermometer, level and lighting options. It weighs 1.3 pounds.
- Timex Expedition Digital Compass Watch Men’s Model - #T42681 ($45.00). The high cost is due to the compass needle, which is virtual and digital at the same time. The night mode feature is also an add-on with a night light colored INDIGLO. This product can install occasion reminders, an alarm that can vary daily, weekday or weekend and even a hydration alarm. The watch function offers three time zones, hourly musical sounds, and a display that can display the date. The timer can be used as a countdown, lap counter and even as a split timer. Lastly, it can resist water up to 100 meters.
- Dakota Tough Compass Clip Watch SKU: 82322 ($69.95). Made of silver plastic case and black aluminum carabineer (metal hoop), this auto compass has digital direction indication and 1 degree digital resolution. It has options for calibration and declination. This is also a clock, timer and alarm. This can be used day or night because of the moon glow and sunglow display. It is water resistant up to 165 feet. With its rubber fob and caseback protector, this pocket compass is a practical buy for the extremely adventurous.
- Casio PAG40-3 Pathfinder Altimeter Compass Watch ($120.87). This model is described as a sports watch. It boasts of 100-meter water resistance, alarm, altimeter, barometer and thermometer. An auto LED backlight is helpful at night. It captures the time of different time zones in the world. It is cased in a black resin band, which acts as a protector. This lifestyle brand speaks for itself.
- Swiss Army Victorinox ST 5000 Digital Compass (AU$787.00 equivalent to US$653.21). This is definitely one of the most luxurious digital compasses in the market. Its clock has luminous hands and numbers. Made in Switzerland, this timepiece has a precision Swiss analog quartz movement, is water resistant up to 50 meters, shatter-resistant, and is made of anti-reflection hardened mineral crystal. Its electronic compass has a desired heading memory, which stores data in a chip so that you can easily reach your destination. This compass can indicate cardinal points (N, S, E, W), intermediate points (NE, NW, SE, SW) and 360 degrees in 15-degree increments. The 5-point LED color light system shows heading accuracy, while an 8-point LED color display is used for the magnetic north indicator system. Precision and accuracy is the selling point of this item. Lastly, the material used here are world class—a black rubber strap as band and titanium case with screw-in caseback.