A 5-K run is a type of sport wherein you get to continuously run for 5 kilometers or 3.1 miles. It may sound difficult but it is actually one of the best options for all first time runners. However, it is very important that you are properly prepped up for this challenging marathon. You need to be disciplined, committed and focused on the goal. There are a lot of things to consider, from changing your diet to having a strict daily routine that can further improve your lifestyle. Read on to learn more about how to train for a 5-K run.
- Get a complete medical examination. Before you start running your way to oblivion, it is crucial that you have a complete physical examination with a certified hospital or doctor. This way, you will easily know if your body is fit for this kind of strenuous activity.
- Consult your doctor. Can your body handle the stress? This is the question that you need to ask your physician. Bring the results from your medical examination and have your doctor thoroughly check it and see if you can deal with this type of run. You need to be completely healthy, no lingering illnesses and the like in order to qualify.
- Prepare your body. As soon as your doctor confirmed that your body is completely capable of this type of marathon, it is now time to give yourself a period of adjustment. Any sudden changes from your daily routine (such as your eating and sleeping habits) can be dangerous to your health so make sure you modify your schedule by gradually applying the next step.
- The seven-day schedule.
- Monday&Friday. Rest day. This will be your body's time to recuperate from a week of strenuous activity.
- Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. Warm up by stretching your legs, arms, feet and neck for fifteen minutes. Set a certain distance that you think you can accomplish and start it with a comfortable jog. Always give your body a chance to cool down by deeply inhaling and exhaling while stretching once again.
- Wednesday. This is when you do all other types of activities that you prefer like biking or swimming. You should do this for at least 30 minutes. However, if you feel really tired, do not hesitate to take the rest of the day off.
- Sunday. An active rest day. This means that you rest your muscles by moving your muscles lightly through a brisk walk or bike.
These are the very important things that you need to know when training for a 5-K marathon. It is crucial that you carefully and unrelentingly follow these steps until your body is fully adjusted. This is also a precautionary measure to ensure that this run will not be hazardous to your health. It can be hard at first but by the end of the training, you will be surprised and pleased with results! This program can give you a certain healthy glow. Now what are you waiting for? Start following these effective steps and before you know it, you will be ready for the next 5K run in no time! Good luck and have fun.