Watching football is a great tradition not just in the United States, but has fans all over the world. In fact, the Super Bowl (the championship game of the National Football League) is watched by more than 200 million people from different nations. This article will show you where to find an NFL football schedule and where you can watch live football.
If you'd like to know how to best watch Monday Night Football, or MNF (aired on ESPN as the NFL's live television broadcast), then here are some tips to help you get started:
- Find out when the NFL football season is. First of all, it's important to know which months on your calendar to mark the NFL football schedule. The NFL football season typically begins in September, although MNF airs pre-season games starting in August. Regular season games usually run until late December; the culminating Super Bowl Games (where the champions of NFL's two conferences - American Football Conference and National Football Conference - play against each other) is typically held in February.
In 2012, Super Bowl XLVI was held on February 5th. The year 2013 will have its Super Bowl XLVII on February 3rd.
You can also refer to the MNF's website for official schedules so you can be sure not to miss any games.
- Watch it at home. This is the most popular way for watching NFL Monday night football. There's nothing like watching a football game on a Monday night at home with your like-minded friends and family members. Make it a more special event by asking your friends to bring food (popcorn, hotdogs, tacos, and some chips come to mind) and beverages, and asking them to wear football shirts and caps. You could assign one from your group to host the "football party" at their house for the first week, then another one for the second week, and so on.
- Another way for how to watch Monday night football is to watch it in bars or restaurants. If your friends or family members don't particularly like football and you can't get them to watch it on Monday nights with you, then maybe you could go to a local bar and watch a game from there. Many bars and pubs have large, flat screen TVs that provide maximum entertainment for sports fanatics like you. A bar during football season would definitely have a jolly, party-like feeling, especially if it happens to be filled with other people who came specifically to watch the game.
- Watch it online. Nowadays, there are so many ways to watch live football online - for free! Examine options such as watching video clips of games on YouTube, watching football streaming live from all over the world, live online feeds from the ESPN (among others), and the list goes on. Feel free to conduct your own research as to the different ways to access football games online. The good thing about this (in addition to it being free) is that even if you're on the road, you won't have to miss your football games as long as you have your laptop and Internet connection, or your Internet-enabled cell phone.
- Watch it live in stadiums. If you have the option to watch the football action live - then lucky you! Watching NFL Monday night football live is the best! You may buy tickets online (such as via the NFL website, where you could also see game schedules for the whole football season) or you could go to major football stadiums if you live near them, to buy tickets in advance. If you're rooting for a particular football team then you could visit their website, find out their game schedule and buy tickets from there. You could even interact with other fans, and through this you could join a network of like-minded individuals (football fans like yourself). By joining this network you may have access to better ticket prices, have the latest insider information on game schedules and football team tours, and game stats. If you find a fan club near your home then you could set up football nights with them; there's probably nothing more fun than watching a game you're passionate about with people as passionate about it as you.