Planning your honeymoon can be one of the most exciting, and stressful, parts of your wedding. You and your future spouse will need to find a place you can both agree on and that is within your budget. With that in mind, here are the essential steps to planning your perfect honeymoon.
- Research Destinations Finding the perfect destination for your honeymoon is essential. Researching destinations with your soon-to-be spouse is an important part of the process. You want to make sure you can find a place that both of you will enjoy.
- Determine Good Prices Weddings are expensive enough as it is, and paying too much for your honeymoon will really burst your bubble when you get home. If you decide on your destination early enough, then you can determine what constitutes good and bad prices for your trip. You can even get emails about changing prices using tools such as Travelocity's FareWatcher.
- Talk to Travel Agents Even if you don't plan on booking with a travel agent, it never hurts to go into an office and discuss honeymoon destinations with someone. Agents often travel and research destinations and cruise ships personally so that they can provide you with firsthand knowledge. Plus, there will be times that they can get you a better deal than you can get directly from the company or online.
- Consider Booking Online If the price isn't right with your local travel agent, then you can consider using an online booking company like Expedia or Travelocity. Always research the companies before booking with them or you may be very disappointed. If you plan ahead you can also do things like exchange currency online, if you're traveling abroad.
- Use Your Credit Card If your credit card offers travel insurance in case things go wrong, be sure to use this when booking. That way, if the unexpected happens, you can cancel your trip or at least have somewhere to stay if a flight is canceled or delayed.
Before your trip, make sure that you have your tickets and any visas or passports that you need. Your wedding will be hectic, so you may want to double and triple check that you have what you need before you jump on that plane. Follow all these steps, and have a happy honeymoon!