Congratulations! After months of planning, the big day is almost here. Once all the planning is finished and after you walk down the aisle, you'll visit with friends before leaving on an exciting adventure -- your honeymoon.
From French Polynesia to Fiji to South Africa, there are thousands of places to visit with your new spouse. With a little research, you can choose your perfect honeymoon destination so that you'll remember those first nights of married life forever.
- WeddingChannel.com: The Wedding Channel has all the information you'll need to plan your perfect honeymoon. You can research all the most popular honeymoon destinations as well as the most popular beaches and resorts. Additionally, they have a honeymoon planning checklist so that you will know just what to do and when you need to do it.
- TravelChannel.com: With information about destinations around the world, the Travel Channel is a great resource. They also offer several lists of top honeymoon destinations with comprehensive information about each.
- HoneymoonOutlet.com: The Honeymoon Outlet is a fun and informative web site. You can find honeymoons by doing numerous types of searches. You can even choose your honeymoon style (Luxury Lover, Adventure Seeker, Champion of Leisure, Sun Disciple, Sightseeing Extremist, Entertainment Devotee, or Food Aficionado) and receive a list of the perfect honeymoon locations for your style.
- Magazines: Brides, Modern Bride, and Bridal Guide are just a few of the great wedding magazines that offer numerous suggestions on honeymoon destinations. Sometimes they even hold reader surveys and write pieces on the most popular and most trendy honeymoon destinations.
- Talk to Friends: When you are planning your honeymoon, talk to your friends. If they haven't had a honeymoon yet, they've likely had friends who have been on honeymoons. You can learn about the best and worst experiences from the most reliable source -- other travelers.
- Top Hot Spots: If you just can't decide, try one of these classic honeymoon hot spots: the beaches of Hawaii, inexpensive Mexico, beautiful Fiji, adult resorts in Jamaica, laid-back Costa Rica, or relaxing St Lucia. Some of the up-and-coming contenders include the lush Italian countryside, the adventurous country of New Zealand, warm and sunny Australia, ancient Greece and its sexy islands, and tropical Bali.
Be sure to give your honeymoon plans at least part of your time as you begin planning your wedding. You can usually find the best deals if you plan four to six months in advance. Try websites like Travelocity.com, Expedia.com, and PapasTravel.com for great deals. If you are extremely adventurous, you can always wait until the last minute, find an incredible last minute deal, and head off on your new adventure with the one you love.