Planning a trip to Niagara Falls with the kids? Thinking of a destination wedding perhaps? Summer is the best time to go Niagara Falls, the Honeymoon Capital of the World. During this time all the different attractions are open, including the Maid of the Mist steamboat tour that brings you right between the Falls. But winter is a magical time as well with giant icicles blanketing the rocks beside the Falls.
Niagara Falls, located on the Niagara River, is on the borders of the USA and Canada. On the New York side is the American Falls. Opposite this is Horseshoe Falls in Ontario. Apart from the steamboat tour, you can go on a helicopter ride for a majestic view. If you are a nature lover, you can see the Niagara wilderness on horseback or try out the hiking trails in Niagara Falls State Park. There are so many other activities, tours and attractions to enjoy. Make sure to buy a map of the area so you can plan your vacation well.
If you are looking for a place to stay, there are many hotels to choose from. What type of accommodations are you looking for? Do you want to be close to the Falls or are you looking for the best value for your money? Depending on who you ask or which travel review site you read, there is really no unanimous choice for the Best Niagara Falls hotel.
Here are some places you may want to consider:
- The Embassy Suites Niagara Falls, This hotel in Canada is one of the closest hotels to the Falls. It's literally 100 yards away, and you can view the fireworks display from your room! It offers different packages to choose from: Romance package, Family Fun package and Waterpark package, to name a few.
- The 4-star hotel Sheraton on the falls boasts of a wonderful view of the Horseshoe Falls. It is near the Falls and directly connected to the Falls Indoor Waterpark, and it offers more than 10 different packages for all types of guests.
- The Niagara Falls Live.com's choice of the best hotel in Niagara Falls is the Hilton Fallsview. Fallsview, being the tallest hotel nearest to the Falls, gives you a panoramic view of the Canadian and the US Falls and its' surrounding area. You can find the list of their other top choices in this site:niagarafallslive.com.
- Country Inn and Suites is one of the newer hotels on the Canadian side. It opened last year, and based on the reviews in the website Trip Advisor.com, it is "2009's Winner in the Best Bargain and Best for Families for Hotels" in Niagara Falls.
- Out of the 135 Niagara Falls hotels (Canada side) listed in Trip Advisor.com, the boutique hotel Sterling Inn and Spa and Niagara Parkway Court, a motel, were rated as the number 1 and 2 respectively in terms of popularity with the websites' users.
- Seneca Niagara Hotel&Casino, Niagara Falls, NY garnered the top spot for Trip Advisor's most popular Niagara Falls hotel on the US side.
For more information on the different hotels and inns visit niagara-usa.com to explore the official site of Niagara Falls in the US. While on the Canadian side, check out niagarafallstourism.com. Both sites provide information on hotels, inns, dining options, places of interest, and special packages on tours and weddings. Book now! Niagara Falls is waiting for you!