The number of stars a hotel receives in professional ratings, usually from one to five stars, commonly categorizes hotels. Five star hotels are usually classified as luxury hotels. They usually charge $200 or more a day. Here are some websites where you can find luxury hotel deals.
- Perfect Escapes. They claim of having personally selected the best travel offers from luxury hotels. You can get personalized travel assistance from their Group Travel Experts, special group travel discounts, cheap package holiday deals, and a choice of thousands of hotels worldwide. If you find a lower rate that will pass their qualifications within 24 hours of booking through their site, they will refund you the difference between their rate and the lower rate you found. You can visit their site at perfectescapes.com or call their 24-hour customer service at 877-589-7688.
- Last Minute. This UK company offers exclusive deals on last minute hotels, flights, holidays, restaurants, theatres, and spa breaks for people in Australia, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. United Kingdom residents who book luxury hotels through Last Minute will have ATOL (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) protection automatically. Non-United Kingdom residents have the option to get their standard insurance package through Mondial assistance. You can visit their site at lastminute.com or contact them through 0871-222-5969.
- The Leading Hotels of the World. They claim of having the best deals for over 450 luxury hotels like the Ritz London, the Ritz Paris, the Hotel de Crillon in Paris, the Alex Hotel in New York, the Trump Hotel in Chicago, the Royal Hotel in the Caribbean, or the Westin Charlotte Hotels in North Carolina. They guarantee to match it if you find a better publicly available rate. They also offer 24-hour multinational, multilingual support through phone and concierge support during your trip. You can visit their website at lhw.com.
- Luxury Link. They claim to be the #1 luxury travel website, established in 1997 and named a "top travel website" by Travel+Leisure in 2008. They offer exclusive offers to over 1,000 luxury hotels and resorts in more than 60 countries. You can visit their website at luxurylink.com or call their concierge or customer care at 1-888-297-3299 or 1-310-215-8060.
- Five Star Alliance. They claim to have their editors hand-pick the best luxury travel deals from the Internet everyday and have constant deal updates. They have approval and great reviews from The London Times, The New York Times, and USA Today. Five Star Alliance even takes care of your deposit. You can make a reservation through them and pay only when you check-out from your hotel. They are approved and certified by the Better Business Bureau, Verisign, TRUSTe, the IATAN (International Airlines Travel Agent Network), and the HSMAI International. You can visit their website at fivestaralliance.com or call their 24-hour customer service at 1-888-5STAR-11.
Although staying in a luxury hotel can really be expensive, it is possible to find good hotel deals or reasonable rates through the Internet. One way to do it is to make a reservation through several companies, see which one has the best offer and book with them, then just cancel the rest of your reservations.