Finding a suitable higher education program in Israel that works for you could be challenging. This could be more difficult than looking for a university and a course that caters to your interests. Here are some ways to help in selecting the right Israel program for high school and university students as well as graduates.
- The first step would be to explore your options. Gather as much information about all the Israel programs being offered. Sort out possible programs based on how long the programs are, the intensity of Judaic courses, and your capability to make the most of the courses to easily learn Hebrew.
- Search the Internet for websites that have lists of different Israel programs. Doing so could save a lot of time and effort of physically going to the different organizations that offer these programs. This also helps in gathering more information about the possible programs that you are eligible for now or those you could take in the future.
- Most of the programs might require the candidate to appear for an interview. It would be a good idea to get in touch with the institute you are applying for through email. Do this half a year to eight months prior to the start of the academic year, to get a better chance of arranging for an interview prior to their sending a representative to your area for an interview.
- For those who would want to go for a yeshiva program, think about going on an overseas program. Some of these programs are Yeshivat Hesder Ma'alot,Yeshivat Hesder Petach Tikva, or Yeshivat Hesder Ma'aleh Adumim. Such programs that would aid in learning Hebrew easily. Knowing Hebrew is very important. Most of the programs are helpful to anyone interested in having a solid grasp of the language. Having a working knowledge of Hebrew would a great help in studying the traditional commentaries on important books like the Torah, Mishna, Rambam, as well as the Gemara. There would be no real Jewish learning without Hebrew. Those who are older than 21 years of age can consider attending a Livnot program. Those who are older than 30 years of age can go for Aish's GEM program.
- Get in touch with the various programs you have selected through their websites. If they do not have any application forms on the internet, mail them a request for an application form. Take time to fill up the application forms and send them in to the chosen programs.
- Make certain that your travel documents are current. This includes your passport, which should also be valid for at least six months succeeding your return ticket date. Airlines would enforce this requirement on all candidates.
Choosing the Israel program that is right for you is very important. This would require some time and effort in researching all the available options. Being able to select a program that would cater your needs is the right way to begin. Getting into the program that you like would require some hard work and persistence.