If you’re a golfer, you’ve probably been working out, trying to get physically fit and preparing for that long awaited holiday. After those long days of working the daily grind, there’s nothing better than a weekend of relaxation at the greens. Here are the top places in the US that any golfer ought to visit.
- Pebble Beach Golf Resort – Located in Pebble Beach, California with its 18-hole golf course, the resort gives you a view overlooking the ocean.
- Brandon Dunes Resort – Located in Brandon, Oregon, this beach resort is a Scottish-inspired golf course. It is the perfect getaway for you and your golf partners. Private cottages and four-bedroom suites are offered by this remote Southern Oregon resort.
- The American Club – This resort is located in Kohler, Wisconsin. It offers four fantastic golf courses including the fabulous Whistling Strait, which gave Wisconsin a landmark on the map for golf trips. A stay to the Midwest’s top luxury hotel gives you the most needed break and relaxation, with five-star accommodations and amenities.
- Sea Island, Cloister and Lodge – Located in Sea Island, Georgia, this golf resort is delicately designed and developed by two well known golfers, Davis Love III and Tom Fazio. This resort offers a touch of Spanish-Mediterranean luxury hotel accommodation and facilities.
- The Greenbrier – The site is in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. It served as host to a Ryder Cup and a Solheim Cup Golf Open. The course has a long roster of outdoor fun activities such as falconry and horseback riding, aside from the usual recreational activities.
- Pinehurst Resort – Pinehurst, North Carolina offers three inns: the Manor, the Holly Inn and the elegant Carolina. The course also features a spa located at their Sportsman’s lodge.
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai – Located on the Big Island of Hawaii, Jack Nicklaus had a hand in the development of the golf course. The resort offers an authentic Hawaiian ambiance, with a peaceful and exotic 18 hole golf course, and lots of fun activities for kids.
- Four Seasons Resort Lana’I at Manele Bay – Found in Lanai, Hawaii, this resort bears a naturally trimmed and designed golf course with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. It offers all-Hawaiian lodges and cottages for guest accommodation.
- The Homestead – This resort is located in Hot Springs, Virginia. It is the oldest tee in the US and especially alluring during autumn. Other than the usual amenities of a luxury hotel, the Homestead offers entertainment music from their orchestra playing nightly at their formal dining room.
- The Boulders – This resort found in Carefree, Arizona, was designed by Jay Moorish. It is a championship course within the boulder-strewn look of the Sonora desert landscape.
Travel agencies and golf tours offer specific golf resorts reviews for some of these destinations, especially those which are endorsed as a golf package. Any golf package will normally offer classic room accommodations, unlimited use of the golf course, unlimited use of the driving range, advanced tee time reservations and welcome amenities. To name a few travel agencies that have tour packages to the above-cited courses are Austin golf packages, Destin golf vacations, Las Vegas golf tours and vacations, Orlando golf packages, Myrtle Beach resorts and golf packages, Palm Springs golf vacations, Miami resorts and golf packages and Alabama golf vacations. All these offer tours, vacations and golf packages with rates ranging from $99 up to $366 per person, on a per-day accommodation basis. Any one of these may just be your cup of tee.