Everybody wants to get the best value for his money, and that includes flight tickets. So if you want to look for discount airline tickets, here are some of the cleverest ways:
- Browse travel websites. There are several travel websites that you could explore in order to find the cheapest available air tickets. Some of these major travel websites include Orbitz, and Travel Discounters, Travelocity, and Expedia. Invest some time in comparing the different rates; you could also visit farecompare.com, to best help you compare deals from different airlines.
- Compare prices on different flight dates. Sometimes, different flight dates would entail different travel costs. That's why when booking a flight, it's a good idea to check out if there's a difference in airfare if you book one to two days ahead of or after your original planned date. If you're going to stay at a hotel, however, take into consideration how much those additional days would cost you, versus the discount you will get from booking an earlier flight.
- Bid for a cheap airline ticket. Priceline is a popular travel website where you could bid for your plane tickets price. Check it out at priceline.com.
- Check out airlines' websites. Visit different airlines' websites and check out their pages on ongoing flight deals and discount tickets promos. For example, Delta Airlines offers weekly web fare specials, or reduced rates on domestic US flights, along with the opportunity to earn bonus miles. You could also sign up for e-mail notification whenever there are available last-minute flight deals offered by the airlines.
- Book way in advance. Some airlines offer highly-reduced rates on their travel tickets for flights booked way in advance (as in one or two months before the date of departure). Also, some airlines also offer peak season flights at discounted rates, if you book it during the specified promo period. Take note, however, that these flights are usually non-refundable and non-transferable. But, if you are already anticipating a vacation or business trip to happen at least a month from today, it really pays to book in advance.
- Consult your travel agent. It does pay to have a travel agent, since they have inside access to the cheapest deals and promos in the market, and they have professional contacts throughout the travel industry that help you benefit from reduced rates and discounts. Travel agents also help you out in planning for the rest of your trip, including hotel accommodations, car rentals, etc, ensuring that you would get the best package deals on these.
- Some additional things to remember. Remember, when comparing different flight rates make sure that you factor in all the taxes and other fees; in other words, make sure that the rates you are comparing are the bottom-line prices (or the actual prices that you would pay). Also, take note that air flights are usually cheaper from Tuesdays to Thursdays.
There you have it! Remember, it really pays to allot some time to do your research in order to get the most value for your money. After all, how safely you get to the destination of your choice, and how great a time you have there doesn't really depend on how much you spend on airfare. So here's to getting the best air deals! Good luck!