Weekend trips can never be as perfect as you planned them to be without good weather. This is the reason your plans depend on a weather report. However, due to the abrupt changes in the environment, a weekly weather forecast is not as reliable as it should be.
The question now is how do you predict the weather without buying expensive weather instruments like weather radar?
Just by observing your environment, you can follow these tips to predict the future weather:
- Observe the air pressure. An change in the air pressure will result in a change in the weather. Remember that reduced air pressure means that clouds as well as precipitation are approaching. On the other hand, a rise in the air pressure will result in a clear day. A barometer can help you gauge the air pressure in your area. However, if you do not have a barometer, you have to observe the natural signs of air pressure. For instance, if the smoke coming from a fire begins to descend after it swirls, you should expect bad weather.
- Use the clouds. If you want to predict the local weather accurately, you need to have a strong background in cloud formation. Keep in mind that the categories of clouds are based on their shape and elevation. You should also be aware that not all clouds carry rain. Some cloud formations bring good weather. Clouds that are higher, whiter, and finer bring good weather while clouds that are lower, darker, and larger carry storms. On the other hand, grayish cloud formations bring wet weather.
- Scrutinize the dew. If you want to be sure of the upcoming weather, you have to check the morning dew. If your backyard’s grass is parched, this is a sign of rain. However, if the grass has dew, this indicates good weather. Still, this dew testing is not reliable if it rained the night before.
- Search for a rainbow. A rainbow that can be found in the west indicates that there is approaching rain. This is because storms move from west to east thus a rainbow located in the west indicates moisture – rain. Nevertheless, a rainbow located in the east indicates good weather.
- Identify the wind’s direction. Identifying the direction of the wind is difficult. Here is a simple test in which you can detect the wind’s direction: Throw a light object in the air. You have to watch where the object goes. Through this test, you will know if the wind is easterly or a westerly. If the wind is easterly, get ready for a storm. If you notice that the wind is westerly, expect good weather.
Indeed, predicting the weather with these signs is easy. However, if you really want to have a reliable and a long-term weather forecast, it is better if you seek the help of the world’s weathermen through a weather channel.