Free trip planners are valuable resources for travelers who want to make the most of their trip. These could be accessed online. You usually only have to type “free trip planners” on your favorite search engine and you will see that there are so many of them to choose from. Here is a general outline of how you could use them.
- Select your origin and destination by either clicking on the options or typing the places you want to visit. Some trip planners can give you a trip plan for cities and states in the US and Canada. There are also some which can help you if you plan to take a world tour.
- If you don’t have a specific destination in mind, you can choose what type of trip you prefer, for example, family trips, romantic getaways, and so on.
- You would be given maps of the area you plan to tour. You can print these out and take it with you on your trip.
- You could choose what type of place you would be coming from and going to (for example: airport or train station) to know what route you would follow from your origin to your destination.
- You could specify preferences like if you want your route to be scenic, or if you want to avoid toll gates and so on.
- For trip planners which focus on places in the US and Canada, you can input how many miles off your route you want to explore.
- You can choose the category of places you want to visit like the following: scenic and interesting areas, hotels, restaurants, historical sites, religious areas, museums, aquariums, zoos and others.
- If there is an option of “Things to Do,” you can choose what activity you prefer and even be given a printable itinerary for these.
- You would be provided a list of hotels and other lodging areas located within the vicinity of your trip. You can also reserve a hotel. You only need to fill out a reservation form.
- You will need food and refreshments along the way and free trip planners will let you see what restaurants and eating areas are accessible.
- With some trip planners, you can click on a place and you would be given detailed descriptions of it. You could also see photos of a place and read other travelers’ accounts of that place, including added information and tips.
- You can check weather conditions from your starting point, your route and your destination. You only need to click on the place and click on “weather condition.”
- Traffic conditions are also discussed. Just click on the place. These might not always be up to date, but it’s good to get an idea of which places are congested and which are not.
- Some trip planners can calculate how much gas you need from one point to another. Just choose origin and destination, and then input your vehicle’s make and model, and you will be given an estimate of fuel cost.
- There are some trip planners which offer roadside protection services. You could avail of these by paying a nominal fee.
It is amazing that all of these can be accessed for free. For your next trip, try out a handy online trip planner. Bon voyage!