France is an awesome place to visit. It is filled with culture and fascinating tourist attractions. But before you go, there are a few things you need to know.
- The first thing you will need to do before you plan a trip to France is obtain a passport, and if you already have one, make sure it is not expired.
- The next step would be to shop for plane tickets. There are many reputable sites online that can assist you in purchasing tickets, booking hotels, and making arrangements for rental cars.
- Always have a safety plan at the top of the list when you plan a trip to France. Be sure to book your hotel in advance, and get to know the city before you go. There are danger spots in France, just as there are all over the world, so keep yourself out of those areas. Bring a cell phone, and purchase a phone card before you leave your home country. Don't forget to give your friends and family your hotel contact information, and keep them up-to-date on what you are doing.
- When you plan a trip to France, keep in mind that it is a very expensive place to visit. For the price you would pay at an upscale hotel in the United States, you are likely to get a small room with one small bed. Food is also expensive. There are many tourist attractions, so any food vendors that cater to the convenience of tourists are pricey. The prices are akin to the prices you might pay at popular places like Disneyland. Consider checking out the grocers where the locals shop, and buy fresh foods as well as foods that keep well. You do not want to go hungry in your hotel room in the middle of the night.
- There are many places to visit in France, specifically Paris. The Louvre museum is home to some of the greatest artwork in history, including the Mona Lisa. The Eiffel tower is a common attraction, but the view from the top is nothing in comparison to how it looks from a distance at night. And the Cathedral of Notre Dame can be a wondrous attraction when viewed by boat from the Seine river.
Plan your trip to France wisely and you won't be disappointed. You will have the opportunity to create wonderful lifelong memories if you play it smart and plan ahead.