For the Chicken Sausages
- 375 g (12 oz) raw, skinned boneless chicken breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 small apple, peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- flour for coating
- vegetable oil for frying
For the Mashed Potato
- 500g (1 lb) potatoes, into chunks1 tbsp milk
- 15 g (1/2 oz) butter
- shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, into thin slicesfrozen peas
- tomato ketchup
- Put the chicken, onion, parsley, crumbled stock cube, apple and breadcrumbs into a food processor.
Chop for a few seconds. Form the mixture into 4 sausages each about 12 cm (5 inches) long. Spread the flour on a plate and use to coat the sausages.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the sausages and saute for about 15 minutes, turing occasionally or until browned on all sides and cook through.
Meanwhile, place the potatoes in the bottom of a steamer, cover with water and cook until tender. Five minutes before the potatoes are cooked put the vegetables for decorating in the top of the steamer and cook until tender.
Mash the potatoes with the milk and butter.
To assemble, form the potato into 4 dome shapes (maybe you could use an ice-cream scoop) or you could create a spiral (using an piping bag). Decorate to create the spiral snail shell pattern using ketchup. Put a chicken sausage underneath each dome of potato. Use the steamed carrot sticks and peas to make the snails feelers, mouth and eyes. Arrange the cabbage as grass!