6 pork chops
2 tbsp shortening
1 cup uncooked rice
1 envelope (8 oz) onion soup mix
1 can mushrooms
- Brown pork chops.
- Spread rice in bottom of a 13" x 9" x 2" pan.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of onion soup mix. Sprinkle soup mix over rice.
- Drain mushrooms and save liquid. Add mushrooms to rice.
- Add hot water to reserved mushroom liquid to a total of 2-3 cups. Pour over rice.
- Arrange pork chops on top and sprinkle with remaining onion seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F degrees for 45 minutes -1 hour.
- Remove foil and cook 10 minutes more.