For Cookie Slabs
- 1 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a bigger bowl, mix the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, water and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt together into a medium sized bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
Add the flour mixture, and continue mixing (on low speed) until incorporated. Toss in chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
Using a spatula spread half the mixture onto a cookie sheet leaving 3-inch borders around. Smoothen the top with the blunt side of a knife if need be. Repeat on another baking sheet with remaining dough.
Bake one sheet at a time for 14 minutes. Once out of the oven, place cookie sheet on a cooling rack. Then sprinkle half the amount of chocolate chips on the cookie slab and let melt.
With a butter knife, spread the melted chocolate chips evenly. Immediately sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over.
Cool on cookie rack for about 2 hours before breaking into uneven pieces.