This recipe calls for different degrees of temperature for water. It's easy, sweet, and absolutely refreshing during a hot summer day.
- 4 heaping tablespoons (or about 6 bags) black tea leaves
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups ice
- Stuff tea leaves into the tea infuser. Add more or less depending on how you prefer your tea.
- Place tea infuser into a narrow glass, and pour hot water over it. Set aside.
- In a small pot, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Once sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour infused tea into a tall pitcher, and add cold water.
- Slowly pour in cooled syrup and stir.
- Add ice while mixture is still slightly warm, and serve.