- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch chopped spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lbs mixed mushrooms*
- 1/2 pint milk (soya milk for vegans)
- 7 fl. oz vegetarian white wine
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp yoghurt (soya yoghurt for vegans)
* a combination of large open, closed cup, open cup, button, chesnut whatever takes your fancy mushrooms !! whole halved, uartered or sliced as appropriate.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the spring onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
Stir in the mushrroms, milk, wine, parsley and seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Blend cornflour with a little cold water until smooth, then stir into the mushrooms. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
Remove form the heat and stir in the yoghurt. Return to heat to warm it up but do not allow to boil.