How To Know the Hazards of using Bottled Water

For sure, almost everyone has bought and drunk bottled water. For sure, most of these people do not care about spending money in order to drink healthy water. For sure, many people believe that bottled water is natural spring water. But the truth is, bottled water can be unsafe, unhealthy, and a dangerous alternative to tap water. Some of these products are not even spring water, though marketed as such.

Shocking but true--the water in your water dispenser is unsafe. There are many reasons why you should avoid using bottled water even if it has passed through many water filters. Here are just some of the proven hazards of this seemingly safe liquid:

  • Bottled drinking water can have more bacteria than tap water. The University of Texas completed a study on what happens to bottled water when it is sealed up again for later consumption. Their findings: from one colony of bacteria per 1ml of water, 38,000 colonies of bacteria can be created in that same 1ml of water. Tap water, on the other hand, produced less than a hundred colonies of bacteria. Meanwhile, fewer bacteria are produced if the water is stored in coolers. The tight seal and cool environment in the coolers slow down bacterial growth. Another study was done at Baylor University. This time, they focused on whether or not bottled water is safe for use in contact lenses. Since bottle water is perceived safe, many people believe that it is a cheaper alternative to contact lens solutions. Their findings: 48% of the tested bottled water has live microorganisms, including those that can cause diseases. Some brands also have molds, yeast, and amoebae.
  • Drinking water shares the chemicals from the bottle housing it. Do you know that the bottles used to store commercial water are composed of deadly chemicals? True, and many studies prove that. The PET bottles, for example, are marketed as an environment-friendly water storage option. But these have phthalates that can come out in the water. This dangerous chemical works by fooling your body that it is a normal hormone, making your body processes abnormal. Also, manufacturing a kilo of PET bottles requires 17.5 kg water. These dangers have led to better alternatives like glass bottles. Unlike plastic, glass bottles can protect liquid better.
  • Purified, distilled, and reverse osmosis water is like liquid poison. Constantly drinking these kinds of water leads to many health problems like cancer, cardiovascular disease, mineral deficiencies, an acid state, and malnourishment.
  • Environmental hazards. The continuous popularity of bottled water led to more and more plastic bottles in landfills. In fact, only about 10 percent of these bottles are recycled, while the remaining 90% end up as threats to our environment and health.
  • Political and economic hazards. The "craze" over bottled water continues to be the source of lucrative income for the big water industry. They just use plants and big equipment to fool people. But these plants are nothing but conspiracy tools to produce money by taking over water--a basic need and right for all people.

So, the next time you put water in your water dispenser, learn more about water filters. You might just be spending useless money for something that will cause you cancer. By doing this, you can promote better and longer living without the need to be a slave of bottled water.


Share this article!

Follow us!

Find more helpful articles: